Committees & Organizations
Society of Christian Ethics, Co-Convener (with Dr. Thelathia “Nikki” Young) for the “LGBT Issues & Queer Studies in Ethics Interest Group,” 2012- Present.
- Along with the Co-Convener, I am responsible for creating the Interest Group program each year by drafting the Proposal and determining the direction of the meeting. The Co-Convener and I collaborate extensively in the process of developing the programming.
American Academy of Religion Co-Convener (with Jakob Hero & Hannah Hofheinz) for the LGBT Caucus, 2012-2014.
- As a co-convener, I was responsible for the direction of the caucus meeting each year, and the overall direction of the caucus. Jakob, Hannah, and I collaborate with one another and with other members of the caucus to create a compelling meeting for the Annual meeting of the AAR.
American Academy of Religion Co-Chair (with Dr. Marie Cartier) for the Lesbian Feminist Issues in Religion, 2012-2014.
- As the co-chair, I worked w/ Dr. Cartier and the steering committee to create the year’s programming and help design the overall direction of the group’s sessions. Often this means collaborating with other groups focussing on religion and sexuality.
American Academy of Religion Steering Committee Member for the Lesbian-Feminist Issues in Religion, 2011-2014.
- As a member of the Steering Committee, I review the Call For Papers, and contribute to the overall direction, in collaboration with the other steering members, of the group.
Nominee for the American Academy of Religion Student Director Position, 2011.
Society of Christian Ethics member of the Latino/a Working Group, 2011-present.
- Members of the Latino/a Working Group engage in conversations about the past, present and future of Latino/a Christian ethics in the academy, the church, and society. They address multiple approaches to identify the needs of Latino communities in each of those sectors along with the strategies necessary to meet them as scholars doing teología en conjunto. With that spirit of service in mind, the Group seeks to facilitate a greater presence of Latinos and Latinas in the guild.
Diversities Committee, Iliff School of Theology Member, Diversities Committee, 2011-2015.
- I serve as the Ph.D. representative to the Diversities Committee at Iliff School of Theology. This committee seeks to recognize multiple diversities in higher education and is committed to addressing diversity in curriculum and in theological education at Iliff.
Journal Work & Editing
Critical Theory of Religion (an interdisciplinary SAGE journal), Reviewer, 2013-Present.
Journal of Religion, Identity, & Politics (JRIP), The University of Denver/Iliff School of Theology’s Graduate Student Journal (founding member of the editorial committee), 2010-2011.