Our Whole Life
by Adrienne Rich
Our whole life a translation
the permissible fibs
and now a knot of lies
eating at itself to get undone
Words bitten thru words
meanings burnt-off like paint
under the blowtorch
All those dead letters
rendered into the oppressor’s
Trying to tell the doctor where it
like the Algerian
who waled from his village,
his whole body a could of pain
and there are no words for this
“That faith be analyzable does not necessarily imply a method for getting by without it. . . .”— Julia Kristeva, This Incredible Need to Believe
January 2015 M T W T F S S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Posts in the File Cabinet
This site is rooted in the reality of the
Mestizaje, theories and practices of feminism[s], queer dispositions and epistemologies, women of color critiques, and liberationist theories. This site seeks to be faithful to culture gazing, and is committed to being a critical social player and critic of the dominant society, which is rooted in white hetero-patriarchy. The work found on this site is a thoughtful and critical response to the intersections of race, class, sex/gender, sexuality and culture(s). At minimum, this site is one attempt from a Ph.D. student to exhibit virtual Xicanisma!
- Pages displayed : 302368
- Unique visitors : 113270
- Pages displayed in last 24 hours : 69
- Unique visitors in last 24 hours : 53
- Mary Daly: a life lived OUT loud
- Trans*Formation, a Trans*Retreat
- Consider Supporting a Latin@ Scholar!
- Philosophy Graduate Student Association Nineteenth Annual Graduate Conference in...
- When ‘crazy’ is a distant relative
- Public Writing
- Feminist Pragmatism in Place Colloquium
- "To Live in the Borderlands Means You"
- WATER’s Feminist Conversations in Religion Series Presents “Talking...
- You can’t give it up, can you?
Powered by FireStats
- Public Writing November 3, 2014I’ve long thought that public writing can help contribute to radical social change. I’ve recently been gifted with three opportunities to participate in public discourse on progressive politics, progressive religion, and issues related to gender & sexuality! These are regular gigs! I’m excited about the potential these three very different writing gigs have. I’m also […]Robyn
- You can’t give it up, can you? October 30, 2014This is the post that I created for Emergent Voices. You can find the original link here. Several years ago, after what I thought was a horrible ordination process, I decided to leave the church. It was a weekday when I decided that I would never step back into the church. The only problem was […]Robyn
- When ‘crazy’ is a distant relative October 7, 2014I’ve not been blogging as of late, largely because I’ve been working on the dissertation. There’s always something grabbing my attention, though, and Sarah Lund’s new Book Blessed Are The Crazy was it! As we raise awareness to National Mental Illness week, I’ve decided to break the silence about the reality of mental illness existing […]Robyn
- Consider Supporting a Latin@ Scholar! July 12, 2014 Robyn
- We Have Never Been Queer: The Highs and Lows of Theories of Bodies, Subjects and Desire April 19, 2014Consider the following course that the Global Center for Advanced Studies is offering! Professors Beatriz Preciado (Testo Junkie) and J. Jack Halberstam (Gaga Feminism) will be teaching a seminar entitled, “We Have Never Been Queer: The Highs and Lows of Theories of Bodies, Subjects and Desire” (PARIS, France–September, 2014) [This seminar can also be taken […]Robyn
- Public Writing November 3, 2014
- 36 readers